This user guide explains how practices can add SNOMED codes to patient forms and patient episodes so that clinical codes can be exported to the clinical system along with the patient consultation.
USING SNOMED CODES IN FOOTFALL
There are two coding tools built into the FootFall Dashboard that can be used to add SNOMED codes to patient episodes.
2. BY ADDING CLINICAL CODES TO PATIENT FORMS
You can code your own patient forms by using the FootFall dashboard’s clinical coding tool. By coding your own patient forms, the relevant SNOMED codes will be automatically assigned to the healthcare episode as they are submitted by the patient.
2. BY ADDING CLINICAL CODES TO THE PATIENT EPISODE
You can add extra SNOMED codes to any healthcare episode based on the information the patient has provided.
ADD CLINICAL CODES TO YOUR PATIENT FORMS
If you are a dashboard administrator you will have access to add clinical coding to the forms your patients submit from your Practice Website.
Select: ‘Menu’ > ‘Form Options’ > Select the form you would like to add clinical codes to i.e. Asthma Review
ADDING CODE/S TO THE ENTIRE FORM
1. The ‘SNOMED codes’ tool at the top of the page can be used to add generic code/s to the entire form
2. Add the ‘Concept ID + Term’ for the code to be used and select ‘Save’ when completed
ADDING CLINICAL CODE/S TO SECTIONS OF THE FORM
1. Select ‘Edit’ to display the coding options
2. Assign the relevant Data Type and Coding for each of the responses as required – use the Concept ID + Term in the Coding field
3. You can use the ‘NHS Digital SNOMED Browser’ to search for and copy codes
4. Select ‘Save’ once you have completed adding your codes
ADDING CLINICAL CODES TO THE PATIENT EPISODE
Dashboard users have access to a SNOMED coding tool within the patient request. This can be used to add extra codes to the episode what are appropriate to the patient’s completed submission.
1. The ‘SNOMED Codes’ tool can be seen in the patient episode under the patient card. Select ‘SNOMED Codes’
2. You may see codes that have already been assigned to the form and the option to add more codes.
To add a code select: ‘Add Code’ > open the SNOMED Browser > search for the appropriate code > copy and paste the concept ID + term into the field > select ‘Save’
3. The code is saved to the episode.
To add another code you can select ‘Add New Code’ and repeat the process.